Skip to main content
Topic: HOW TO LEARN & HOW TO HELP OTHERS (Read 1737 times) previous topic - next topic

HOW TO LEARN & HOW TO HELP OTHERS

It has been an interesting exercise recently, dealing with PhD types in the academic and science community.

In fact, it surprised me that these guys and gals who are all touting their "advanced thinking" and interest in the issues of the real truths of our existence, are so stuck in an inability to either think, analyze information and truly compare data.

Of course, we here do have the known data on why this is . . . they are stuck in "fixed think" and old precepts, conclusions, beliefs and "thoughts about the issue at hand" such that they cannot apperceive what is presented to them . . . definition of apperceive: Psychology. to have conscious perception of; comprehend. to comprehend (a new idea) by assimilation with the sum of one's previous knowledge and experience.

I had an old dear friend from the ex-scientology community: Per Shiotts.  Per was a fun guy, a fellow sailor who actually had earned the rank of Captain in the Danish Navy, and was Port Captain up the coast from Copenhagen where the Royal Family kept their pleasure yachts.  Per actually had won a trans-Atlantic yacht race.

Anyhow, being literate as he was, Per introduced me to what turned out to be an important concept: the concept of CAPACIOUSNESS.

What it is in terms of human endeavor is the fact that, ideally, we should have the capacity for holding two or more comparable data or thoughts in our "minds" simultaneously so they can be comparatively evaluated and analyzed.

Have you yourself noticed that not all people have that ability? 

There are various reasons, of course.  Precepts and fixed opinions, fixed think, closed minds are all part of it . . . but a missing cause of the situation is that produced by the Barriers to Comprehension and Learning as discussed in this video of Virginia and me doing our, now famous, workshop on the materials in our book.

To be noted that primary among them regarding the inability to think is when an individual is suffering from by-passed gradients of skipped, missed earlier foundational materials need to align and comprehend later more detailed and comprehensive materials  . . .  as in, there is no way a person will "get" advanced math without first "getting" basic math.

To this end I now post our video recording of the workshop:

Overcoming the Seven Barriers to Comprehension and Learning