Skip to main content ↑ ↓
Topic: WRONG THINK, ABERRATING USE OF LABELS & SOLUTIONS (Read 464 times) previous topic - next topic

WRONG THINK, ABERRATING USE OF LABELS & SOLUTIONS


 
WRONG THINK, ABERRATING USE OF LABELS & SOLUTIONS
 
This copy-paste is from a marketing guy I have a lot of respect for, Bob Bly. It is an effort by him to offer his clients and others some helpful information, as he does  daily.
 
Dear Direct Response Letter Subscriber:

Here's a little positive thinking hack I have found extremely helpful when dealing with difficulties in my life.

Instead of saying "I am worried about," say "I am concerned about."

For instance, change thinking and speech from "I am worried about money" to "I am concerned about my financial situation."

Or "I am worried that my child is not doing well at school" to "I am concerned that my child is not doing well in school."

Or "I am worried that I feel so tired a lot" to "I am concerned about my lack of energy."

What's the difference between worry and concern?

"Worry" often means you are thinking negative thoughts all the time.

You are bemoaning your fate or fretting endlessly about your troubles.

This kind of worry is unproductive. It has no benefit. It does you no good. And it makes you unhappy and miserable.

Too, worry can make you sick: raise your blood pressure, give you ulcers, and make you unable to sleep peacefully at night.

"Concern" also acknowledges that you have a stressor in your life.

But in addition, "concern" implies that not only are you aware of your problems...but at the same time, also thinking about how to lessen, mitigate, repair, correct, and improve your situation.

So, concern is intelligent awareness of your situation, which can lead to positive thinking and, more important, positive action.

People often advise others "don't worry."

That's difficult and sometimes even impossible.

But replacing worry with concern is more doable for us, and therefore a better option—one that we can achieve by being more optimistic, positive, and realistic.

And used productively as a tool, concerns can help us shift our mind from fear into actionable ideas and solutions—and that change in mindset is often, with some effort and practice, usually achievable, at least to some degree.

Bob gives credit to his guru: P.S. My associate, the great Brian Tracy, is arguably the best teacher of positive thinking.
 
***
 
These words “worried” and “concerned” are both the use of a wrong answer solution of trying to LABEL an unwanted condition or experience versus viewing, understanding and handling the actuality of the unwanted condition of existence and experience.
 
In fact the practice advised is the action of adding both an altering consideration and a label that masks the actuality.
 
Looking at situations as described above, as I frequently do in handling the affairs of my existence, I simply view and articulate the fact that my attention and Spiritual Life Force is drawn to and/or “stuck” or “fixed” on something.
 
Observing that fact allows and enables me to get the why and what of the thing and the anatomy and why of the fixation . . . which then, can be handled and undone.
 
Addressing the truth of any situation is a right answer solution and handling. Altering it with labels and labelling devices simply aberrates and sticks it.
 
Roger
 

Re: WRONG THINK, ABERRATING USE OF LABELS & SOLUTIONS

Reply #1 –
Hi guys!

Thanks Rog! Powerful advice.

Not knowing or not understanding the right, powerful words can also lead to wrong answer solutions. "Handle" or "Handling" might be the best option if the want is not to be negatively affected by the condition or situation, and you provided a simple yet powerful path to approach the things to start to handle it.  WOW!!

Thanks again!
The truth is the way up.

 

Powered by ElkArte 1.1.8 | Credits | RSS Feed
© Copyright 2015 - 2026 — Ability Consultants Inc.